Senior Ambassador Program
One Earth Writing’s Senior Ambassador program is an opportunity for graduated One Earth Writing Ambassadors to continue writing among peers in a workshop setting while advancing their leadership skills and community engagement.
Students will gain valuable experience while developing their writing skills, work together on group and individual projects, mentor new classes of Ambassadors, and connect with the community through readings, performances and publications.
One Earth Writing builds bridges of friendship, trust, and understanding between youth from various races, faiths and socioeconomic origins, using creative writing as the vehicle toward common ground.
Senior Ambassadors register for a 12-month program, beginning in September, renewable annually upon successful completion, until high school graduation. No more than three absences permitted in a 12-month period.
- Attend monthly writing workshops
- Host 1-2 workshops for new Ambassador classes
- Participate and help coordinate open mic reading performances
- Contribute 3 blogs to the One Earth Writing website
- Help develop/plan/create programs
There is a fee to participate; scholarships are available. We welcome all students and will always find a way to include talented teen writers regardless of socioeconomic situation. Click here for scholarship information.
Senior Ambassadors must be between the ages of 13 and 19 and have successfully completed one full Ambassador program.
- Submit 2 samples of your best writing (any genre)
- 1 letter outlining your ideas for writing programs you might help create to bring younger students together across racial, religious and socioeconomic divides
- 1 letter explaining why you’d like to continue as a Senior One Earth Writing Ambassador