Senior Ambassador Program
One Earth Writing’s Senior Ambassador program is an opportunity for graduated One Earth Writing Ambassadors to continue writing among peers in a workshop setting while advancing their leadership skills and community engagement.
Students will gain valuable experience while expanding their circle of peers and connecting with community through readings, performances and publications.
One Earth Writing builds bridges of friendship, trust, and understanding between youth from different races, faiths and socioeconomic origins, using writing as the connector.
The Senior Ambassadors program will take place at The Tuxedo Project, 7124 Tuxedo St., Detroit, MI 48204.
Senior Ambassadors register for a school year program, beginning in September, renewable annually upon successful completion, until high school graduation. No more than two absences permitted.
- Attend monthly writing workshops
- Host 1 workshop for new Ambassador classes
- Participate and help coordinate open mic reading performances
- Contribute 1 blog to the One Earth Writing website
- Help develop/plan/create programs
Program dates for the 2017-2018 Senior Ambassador are as follows:
October 22, 2017 – 3-5 p.m.
November 18, 2017 – 3-5 p.m.
December 3, 2017 – 2-4 p.m.
December 17, 2017 – 3-5 p.m.
January 9, 2018 – 6:30-8 p.m.
February 13, 2018 – 6:30-8 p.m.
March 13, 2018 – 6:30-8 p.m.
April 10, 2018 – 6:30-8 p.m.
May 8, 2018 – 6:30-8 p.m.
Senior Ambassadors must be between the ages of 13 and 19 and have successfully completed one full Ambassador program.
- Submit an outline of your ideas for writing programs you might help create to bring peers together across racial, religious and socioeconomic divides